Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My favorite email ever!

First I am going to put one of my favorite photos, ever! This is my good friend, Laura and her good friend, Justice the malinois. This photo was taken at Tree Frog Farm in Yarmouth where we do agility class. They were hanging out watching and enjoying the beautiful day. It looks like someone just told them a good joke!!..........The photos that follow were taken in Portsmouth a couple of weekend's ago at the Iron Dog Challenge put on by the police barracks there. Just the most awesome thing!! You HAVE to read about it!!!

Read about it here -http://www.nhlgc.org/lgcwebsite/wdf/events/iron_dog_challenge.htm

And here is what Laura wrote about it -

"Justi and I competed in The Iron Dog Challenge in Portsmouth, New
Hampshire. Police and their dogs compete and civilians are also allowed to
compete with their dogs.
You run with your dog through trails in the woods, and both of you do low
crawls under barriers, jump hurdles, find shotgun shells, hit a target with
tennis balls (that one I did by myself!), scramble over a fence. At one
point, the human has to stop and do push-ups and sit-ups and carry big
concrete blocks to a certain point. Later in the course, you have to carry
your dog a distance (I am glad Justi is so petite!!!). The hardest thing
for me was getting over the maybe 5 1/2 foot fence because it was absolutely
smooth. Justi had no problem.
After you completed the course for time, your dog does a 60 yard sprint. I
had Justi go after my husband who had on a bite sleeve and was cracking a
whip. Justi was deliriously happy.
We won our age division but the most fun was competing with Justi! She had
such a blast and was so ramped up that she really improved my time!"

Oh---MY----GOD-----Laura and Justi, you ROCK!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment