Monday, September 21, 2009

Teeth cleaning anyone?

At least once a month I give my dogs rib bones to chew on and hopefully clean their teeth. It just depends on how they gnaw on them. This sort of gnawing just acts as dental floss for his front incisors.

This sort of gnawing cleans his molars.





But, it does depend on how hard they gnaw and once they get the meat and grizzle off I am careful not to leave them with the bones for too long. My Jess chewed so hard she broke a molar one time, so I am very careful. That was a major bummer, it had to come out.
After their bones this last time I noticed tarter still on Roscoe's teeth. He is ten and it may be time for a veterinary cleaning. I do brush their teeth, some. I should more. Roscoe HATES his teeth brushed, but we do get-er-done at times.
Had a wonderful time at my mom's 70th birthday. Saw some folks I had not seen in MANY years. Ate tons, partied, visited my aunt and uncle and played with my mom's dog, Joe. Everyone missed Spur, but we couldn't bring the dogs, it was just too many people. I noticed no one said they missed the Pin Heads. My friend Lisa stayed here with her shihtzu's. She likes to bond with Roscoe. Maybe she isn't right, either? Not many people want to bond with Roscoe. She said Colby was nice this time to the shihtzu's. Last time she didn't want them on "her" bed and was grumpy. Bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment