Sunday, September 6, 2009

Could-a, would-a, should-a been a MACH dog right now!

Ah, the elusive double-Q's bit us again. Yesterday's standard run was really a piece of cake. But, as the schedule had it I ran Roscoe first. He squared up over a double when he should have sliced it and ended up behind me. I should have kept my eyes ON him and made him stay with me, but NO, off he goes behind me taking an off course jump. So, a few dogs later I run Colby deciding to CHANGE MY PLAN????????...........and send her into a Z shaped tunnel with a back cross. She HATES that and decide she was sure I didn't mean that and she came back out. DAMN...........IT!!!! Had I stayed with my original plan and run the line, athletic little thing she is would have easily sliced the double and made a lovely entrance to the tunnel NO PROBLEM. Why in the world would I change my plan because Roscoe had trouble. Colby doesn't run like Roscoe..........ever! She would NEVER have cut behind me. She would have easily sliced that double. OI!!! She would be a MACH dog today and I wouldn't have to wait until the end of October for her next AKC trial to try again. DAMN............IT!!!

I am an idiot and it cost us a MACH title this weekend. Today she ran perfectly for her #19 double-Q. Sigh..........but as all my friends mentioned, the clubs MACH ribbon was SO ugly and tiny and not Colby-worthy anyway. Heck..........I would have LOVED that tiny, ugly MACH ribbon right now. Instead we need that ONE MORE DOUBLE-Q!!!! DAMN..........IT!!!

We got a pile more speed points, which we don't need, but are nice to have if we ever thought we might get a MACH-2. Hah, this weekend some stupid sheltie got a MACH-20!!! ????? HUH??? We did the math, that would be 200 trials where the stupid sheltie would have to qualify in both runs, BOTH days!! 200 weekends!!! TWO HUNDRED!!!!!...... WEEKENDS!!! DOUBLE-Q's BOTH DAYS!!! Stupid sheltie........................

Oh and Roscoe did get a double-Q today, for his 6th I think, with a really nice run in his jumpers. He was only .06 seconds slower than Colby, so that was nice. He is always slower than her, so to be so close to her time he was flying!! And the two of them were only 7 seconds behind the stupid, super fast shelties. I am always happy if they are less than 10 seconds behind those stupid shelties. And so long as we are faster than the shiba inu or the boston terrier or the glen of imaal.

No comments:

Post a Comment