Monday, September 14, 2009

Roscoe melts down

Riverside USDAA this past weekend and while he did OK on some runs, he was all stressed and wierd on others. I just wish I could figure it out. I tried his happy pills and it seemed to work for one run, but then not at all the next run. Go figure? He is such a crazy man in class and such a downer at agility trials some times. It doesn't happen in obedience, which is why it is so hard to figure. I hate that his potential is not there at trials during these melts downs. Bums me out, costs me money and it's tiring. And it can't feel good to him, either.

Colby, however, did very well. She much prefers outdoors, although Saturday was pretty wet. Wet enough she didn't make time in her standard, not wanting to lie down on the table, having to stop and shake after the chute. Cost her enough time to put her .09 seconds over time. Ouch!!!! $15 down the drain because of a little rain. She did do the gamble, though, for her first Master's gamble!! It included weaves which I always thought she really needed me right there. Nope, she never hesitated. We do practice distance to weaves at home, but in trials I have always felt she needed me right there. Good little girlie did it like it was no big deal!! The next day she was better for a second in Grand Prix and a Master's standard leg.

Found an incredibly interesting article. Go check it out -
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1921614-1,00.html

No comments:

Post a Comment