Friday, September 11, 2009

The archichoke and more!

The artichoke is still there and the little one has grown! And if you look carefully, just below the big one is an even littler one starting!! It's SUCH a strange plant! I have never seen one before! It was not something my folks ever grew. Or at least, to my knowledge. Maybe they tried? It takes up a lot of garden space, but I suppose if all the buds develop into full fruits it isn't so space consuming. Trouble is it is getting cold nights and that doesn't help it's growing.I had to put in my red flowers! LOVE the red petunias and this was my first year trying coleus plants. LOVE them! They have neat little seed head spires that are pretty, too. Takes a TON of watering, though. I have to water nearly twice/day on sunny days.
Ever wonder what The Spurminator looks like when he's tugging his favorite toy? A blur of fur!!!

He shakes that thing SO hard he has to close his eyes. He LOVES that toy! Now if I can only get him tugging it consistently at class or in the presence of other dogs. He is a worrier and sometimes worries too much to tug at class. It doesn't help that some big dogs have charged him at class, especially when tugging, so he has reason to worry. I am always on the look out, but sometimes it just happens and it bums him out.

I am filling out a show entry and his name is on it. :O Oh my, Spur's debut!!! Can't hide the fact that I am nervous, but we have to start somewhere. Maybe just one class each day, something easy. A lower jump height, maybe a gamblers or snooker where I can pick my own path.

No comments:

Post a Comment