Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Formatted my camera

Which meant I had to dump those photos. Bummer. The hike up Burnt Meadow Mountain was so pleasant and I got some nice shots. Although, it really wasn't a "mountain", I don't think. Big hill?? I mean, we had only gone to Brownville. Not even as far as Fryeburg. Can Brownville really have mountains? I don't even know what classifies a mountain. It was about an hour hike up. Just over a mile hike, I think. We did have to pass the wee pups up some tough rock outcroppings, but really it wasn't THAT big a mountain. And I had to dump the photo of the asparagus I took at the community garden. Hopefully, that will still be there tomorrow morning and I can get another shot. It's REALLY cool!!


Tonight at Tree Frog agility we did a jumpers course. Two pin wheels and a box and lots of crosses. Hard for me and my wee dogs. Hard for anyone. To front cross or back cross, that is the question. I tried both ways. Remarkably, my dogs did better with a couple of back crosses, which normally we suck at. Here we are, me and Roscoe handling the pin wheel. In this one I am planning a front cross between the yellow and the orange jumps. We did it, OK. Just OK. Front crosses aren't easy, either, after pinwheels and in boxes. Timing is everything and it's just plain hard!
Then we got to do a speed circle. We like speed circles.........easy, fast, fun!!! No turns, just run!!! The whole outside of the ring, including weaves. I usually crop these photos to crop out me and crop out the junk all around, but I decided to leave all that. To show my good little dogs handling the weaves regardless of all that junk all around them, and me with my hands flapping and waggling and I am probably making Circus Freak noises. The dogs aren't the only Circus Freaks at times. They have good weaves, my dogs. Regardless of the junk and clutter and strange noises coming from me. They weave.This is Kelso, my friend's daughter's dog. He was Jen Pinder's dog. Now he is Delaney's dog and they are doing FANTASTIC!!! Jen gave Dee this dog because he was a little bit of a weenie dog. Anyone who knows Jen Pinder knows she isn't much into weenie dogs. But, Dee, she can handle it. In fact, she is handling this dog SO well no one will know he is/was a weenie dog. They are CLEANING up in trials right now and looking like World Champions! He is studying the course, finding shade under the table. He is a very cool boy!!
The light at Tree Frog is coming from the other direction, so photos just look all washed out. We are losing our light and it's sad. Outdoor class training will be coming to an end only too soon, I am afraid. Spur is just coming along and it stinks. I wish this town could handle an indoor facility, but it seems that just isn't to be. Sad, really.

No comments:

Post a Comment