Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jumper's run last weekend

Roscoe's jumper run on Sunday. It was his 7th double-q. He is way behind Colby because I did years of preferred with him, so it was extra easy and he only had to jump 8". He has struggled with trial stress for years. Crazy man at class and at home, but we often do not get the speed and intensity at trials. It has been a big struggle, but the last two years he has run a lot better. This run was .06 seconds behind Colby's time, which is good for him at a trial. I was pretty pleased. Folks who watched it saw the difference in him from the previous three runs over the weekend.

Often it comes down to the start line. A couple years ago I figured out he TOTALLY bummed out if I left him in a start line stay. Now, I still struggle for what to do at the start. Earlier this trial I tried doing the bouncy game, but it didn't work that well. Here I just removed his leash and ran!!! Seemed to work, but that doesn't always work for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment