Friday, September 25, 2009

More flowers, fall photos!

Yesterday was just a stellar day!! 70 degrees, gentle breeze, dry air. About perfect!! Fall is my favorite time of year and I couldn't stop myself taking pictures. It was like an obsession! So much bright color and the fading light as the sun dips lower in the sky is different as it showcases everything and adds a glow not seen when it is high in the sky. My HUGE zinnias are stunning............... The sedum looks awesome and is great to cut and bring inside. It is even nice dried!


My flower pot just gets nicer and nicer! Thanks Miracle Grow!


The marsh maples are showing some really nice color. Here is sweet Jewel enjoying a muzzle free graze! She can have about a half hour or so this time of year, a couple times/day. See how the sun makes things look half and half and really bright on one side. I am not sure why I like that so much.

I love how the low fall light silhouette's her, and her flaxen mane frames her. The horses are growing their winter coats and are dark and undappled this time of year.

More hydrangeas..........





California Poppies!! They are an annual and I simply tossed the seeds in the gardens this spring! They fill up my garden and add such bright color this time of year when many of my flowers have gone by. They grew up in between the shoots of Russian Sade - love that lavender and orange together!!! They just go on and on!!!



The little elf cap seed heads are adorable! I am hoping they volunteer next year.
**If you click on each photo it should bring it up large. Check out the white hydrangea large! Such an incredible flower!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment