Thursday, September 22, 2011

Mouse and a mouse?

Miss Mouse is getting more and more comfortable. Not sure why this photo is so blurry? Spur was not 10 feet from her, which does concern me a little. She is pretty comfortable with the dogs. Spur sure looks like a large fox. Also, I am a little concerned she is hard of hearing or even deaf. She sometimes seems like she doesn't know we are there and then spooks. Strange. She is still a tiny bit congested and on occasion sneezes, but she looks great!!
Betty had to go back to the vet's and the Friend's of Feral Felines took her into their sanctuary to try to get her healthy. I felt that my barn was too dark and cold for her to recover well and she was in no condition to release. Hopefully, we will see some sun soon and she can sunbath there. She may come back, or we may try another so long as it is vaccinated because I am sure Mouse is a carrier at this point. The vets are all saying this is a horrible year for respiratory diseases with these cats and some of the worst cases, ever. Certainly, Betty was the worst case I ever saw.Now for the mouse - caution - this is GROSS!!! Last night at dog class I kept smelling something icky. I was wondering if somehow a bag of poop made it into my car???? The smell was gross and I couldn't figure it out. None of the dogs had poop on them, I checked, you never know especially Spur sometimes some poo sticks to his britches. Nope, nothing.

Then, I spotted it!!!!

OMG - how absolutely disgusting!!! Poor thing, must have climbed into the tire and didn't escape before I started driving????? And how long had it been there? I think back now some of the dogs I walked the last couple of days had smelled that tire. I just figured I had run over some "road pizza". NO, I had a dead mouse IN my tire!!!! How strange is that?????





By the time I got home it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment