Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wow, whirlwind time of year!

Bill just managed to get three teenagers up and out of the house by 6:30. That after going to bed at midnight. I am seriously impressed. I didn't think he could do it! What a crazy weekend!!! Family, family, family and it was all GREAT fun. Friday out on the boat swimming in the river, racing the thunderstorm back to the dock. Dinner and a movie at home with Bill and the three kids. OMG, three teenagers can sure invade a house in no time!! More boating and activity and then a huge lobster dinner and party with bonfire and gifts!! Craziness!!!! The Carlson's are a loud and active family!!!

The girls were adorable, but WAY too much eye liner. What's up with that? I told Sarah it made her look tired, the thick black liner on her lower lid, and she should try it just on the top lid. She didn't do that. It was applied even thicker. I am not good at parenting, I guess.

Bill rocks! He got those teenagers up and out of the house by 6:30!!! I am still in awe. I mean, you should have seen their bedrooms!!!!! Rich said he made them pack up last night. Good parent. He seriously rocks. Lost a ton of weight and looks like Mr. CT again. Amazing!! He puts in a lot of hard work and he gave me crap for my 1.2 mile jog. Which I admitted I haven't done much in the last three weeks. MUST do, I know it helps me a LOT. Gasped at agility class last week after my runs. Damn.........IT!!! No one is going to be calling me Miss Maine, but I can do better and get back to my jogs (I do NOT run) and improve my "gasping" after agility runs. MUST get back to it, since we are going all the way to KY to kiss some agility ass!! No gasping in KY!!!

Rich took the kids flying in the morning. Bill and I went to photograph the sunflowers. He brought his camera in a back pack. Really!!! I put mine in my pocket. I haven't seen his, yet, but I have to say mine came out pretty good for a pocket camera that didn't need a back pack!!!! They are looking INCREDIBLE right now!! Seriously amazing.............








Roscoe is wearing his Red Sox bandanna so the kids know which dog not to touch. Spur was rolling in shit and rodent guts (seriously, like pink innards were stuck to his fur and shit was all over his back!!!), which is why HE isn't in this photo, he's off rolling in something while I am not paying attention - MUST pay attention to Spur. Ended up having to bathe him when we got home. Damn IT!!!




They seem to take on a life of their own. Like happy faces having a conversation with the world. They make you FEEL happy!!!


Some of them are a little beaten down from the rain. The petals took a wet beating.





Finally found the other photo of the new kitty. Meet Pebbles. She has a wee cold, due to being housed with nearly 100 cats. She is still snotty and I hope it clears up by next week when they can be released.


Miss Mouse again. She hisses at me every time I reach in to feed or clean them. These two appear to be the MOST feral kitties I have ever gotten. Really unsocial. :( I hope they come around.


We had another baby over on the farm last week. Meet Sunflower!!!
Whoops, just realised that isn't Sunflower, that's Beacon. Hmmm, where are my baby Sunflower photos???



So, there is now Bunny, Beacon and Sunflower. It's been a busy few weeks around here!!!


I am enjoying the peace and quiet now. Downloaded my first e-book. Started reading "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks". SO interesting!! About a black woman in the 50's who had cervical cancer and they harvested her cells and the cells grew and grew and grew and from what I believe are still alive today!!! Helping research in so many ways. Very interesting book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment