Thursday, August 11, 2011

OH my gosh, what do I do????

Spur and I have just been asked to team with a very competitive team. Like I was shocked she asked ME....and SPUR. I know he has been doing well, but really, just recently. He's still quite a work in progress. There are a lot of more consistent and competitive teams out there. This is a young dog, but the handler is VERY experienced and this dog is well trained. Super fast. I don't know what to do.

Here's the deal. It means about 10 days away from home because it is a five day even with two days of travel each way. It's in Louisville KY!!! I have a ride and room to share with my good friend, so that's not an issue. Rich is supportive, so that's all cool. He would have to tend to the Pin Heads and horses. He's never had to do that for that long, but he's totally capable.

Probably my biggest hesitation is the dust (and two days travel - think numb butt/leg....ugh!). I heard the dust was pretty bad last year. I get headaches in dusty arenas. But, I can probably deal. Spur is probably ready although not a lot of experience on dirt. What do I DO?????

There is also the issue of covering for my dog walks. But, I have to take time off and people have to deal. It's tough, though, getting all that figured out.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! You have to go, you'll regret it if you don't.

    ReplyDelete