Saturday, June 6, 2009

Tiny Quince has arrived!


This photo is from her trapper. I won't be getting any good photos for a bit. It is very dark in the barn and I have her cage covered. She also has a crate in her cage, so I can lock her in that when I tend to her food and litter each day, so she won't escape. She must stay there for two weeks to acclimate to "home base" here.


I need some help with names. She is calling her Quince becuase it was a "QUINCEidence" that she trapped her. Honestly, I don't think she is being funny, this woman's emails are FULL of spelling errors and she may think that is how it is spelled! My feral kitties have had Greek God/Goddess names and my last one was Metis, Zeus' first wife. I still have Zeus, my old man feral kitty and here are a couple of Zeus' other wive's names that I kind of like - Leto Leda Themis Mnmosyne (pronounced Nemo-zini) - I could have my little Nemo after all. Considered naming Spur, Nemo momentarily. Semele (Sem-uh-lee) Then there is Juno, who wasn't Greek, but Roman. Kind of the equivolent to Hera, who was Greek. Juno was the Queen of the Gods, so that might fit. Zeus is the God of the Gods. Or Epona - goddess of horses and mules. That fits!


She is tiny, tiny. When trapped she was

only 3lbs, but maybe now she is about 5lbs? Tiny, petite little thing!

2 comments:

  1. Quince! I love it, whether the original spelling was an error or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, she is probably going to stay Quince. She just isn't "strong" enough for Juno. She has barfed every night. I have a......gasp........vet appointment for her tomorrow. She is VERY feral, so that's going to be FUN..........NOT!!!

    ReplyDelete