Thursday, June 25, 2009

Aphid Day at The Lady Bug Park

Doesn't that sound a lot nicer than Rabies Day At The Raccoon Park? Because lady bugs love to eat aphids. Or so they say. Who is "they"? Am I ever a "they". Do you suppose people think about little black dogs who get frightened and worried about teeter totters in agility and over-coming that is as simple as a few teeter parties because "they" said so and would I be "they"? "They" said all we needed to do was a few teeter parties and things will be all right and the voices will stop and the language will be clear and we will all sing A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood or We Are The Champions or Doe Rei Me. I am sure that happens now. Habca und Miriam from Germany posted here that it was a good idea, the teeter parties. See, in Europe I am "they". Habca und Miriam have 2100 hits on their profile. I hope Habca und Miriam are going to teeter parties now.

No teeter in this video of class last night, but I do think Spur looks like a Lady Bug during Aphid Day!! Happy, Happy, Happy to run agility. Remember, his tail crunch from the teeter meant that ALL agility sucked and that I was part of that deal. It generalized to jumps - good grief if a bar knocked he lost his ears and tail and slunk away. I admit to using a jealousy box now. I stick Spur in an x-pen ring side, then run Roscoe on the course. Spur barks his FOOL HEAD OFF the whole time, until he is nearly hoarse, then I shove a pile of treats into Roscoe's mouth, right in front of Spur, BARKING HIS FOOL HEAD OFF. Actually, I never have to shove any food item into Roscoe, he snatches them as if he is a starved, rabid raccoon. Then I swap dogs and run the crazed-with-jealously-FOOL-HEADED-Spur on the course!! Works like a charm! The nervous little buggar suddenly forgets his worries. World Team material, not yet, but I see a spark. My plan is working. Off to Raymond today for another teeter party! Yeah, that means no house cleaning, no honey mustard chicken salad with black eyed peas for dinner. Hannaford ready made quesadillas will have to do, teeter parties are a priority.

This first video is Roscoe, but you can hear Spur in his Jealousy Box!

And this one is Spur, enjoying Aphid Day At The Lady Bug Park last night at class -

And just for a comparison, here is Rabies Day At The Raccoon Farm earlier this spring. Notice all the sniffing on the dog walk, going to that special place in his mind, hearing those voices that often speak to Roscoe in a language all their own. Because, after all, they do ride the tiny little school bus with their brightly colored name tags, they are...... SPECIAL -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NtcYYRmbyE&feature=channel

No comments:

Post a Comment