Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Godzilla chows down on Buxton




I stole that from a blog in CA http://www.teamsmalldog.com/blog/index.html I love how she writes!!! Very funny.


Spur now thinks Godzilla Chows Down On Buxton. Last week at our Buxton agility class we did the teeter for the first time. Just when I think he is doing OK on the teeter, he has a melt down. We are going to be doing lots of teeter parties and last night I worked on my plan before we started class. Lots of clicking and treating for touching and bouncing the teeter at the end. Then lots of chicken for watching it recoil and bang. We decided not to do it during the course, though, because he started out not even wanting to take the first jump. Worry, worry, worry, he was stressed. My mind goes round and round, what should I DO, what's the BEST thing here, how to I snap him out of this? No one ever really has a good answer, but I know he just needs to SNAP OUT OF IT!! Finally got him over the jump and onto the dog walk. Lots of chicken. Then a fun tunnel, lots of chicken. Then a jump and A-frame, lots of chicken. Another jump, chicken, the weaves.........slowwwwwwww..........but still lots of chicken.......a jump........toss the frisbee and play, play, play. Put him away and waited for our next try. Much better effort the next time, but still slow and worried. NO teeter, but lots of chicken and frisbee.


It's frustrating, I know he has it in him, he just needs to work through this stuff. It's so mental with him. But, he is trying, he is doing the best he can for right now so I have to take what I can get. It sure is taking baby steps and sometimes like pulling teeth, but I DO know he can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment