Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Must have good, positive vibes today for tiny Quince! And what's a runcible spoon?

They dined on mince and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand on the edge of the sand
They danced by the light of the moon.

From - The Owl and The Pussy Cat

We headed to the vet's this morning. Barfing has been consistent and daily. Sadly, she has a heart murmur. UGH! She was such a good little scardy cat and let us handle her for a blood draw. We will start with a thyroid panel. If that is negative, continue with further blood work. If positive, I will have a decision to make and it won't be good. I will either put her down or return her to her trapper. I just can not see pilling such a feral kitty twice a day with thyroid supplementation. She is still quite thin. She eats well enough, but does barf up every day. She is only 4.7lbs. Stay tuned...............

What the heck is a runcible spoon?

2 comments:

  1. Poor kitty! I can't believe you have another cat with a heart murmur. I don't like the vomiting. It's too soon to put another cat down though. I have my fingers crossed for her. I suppose you've considered the possibility that she has a huge hairball or something, and that's why she's throwing up. That would be so, well, easy. I can't find a definitive answer about what a runcible spoon is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thyroid is normal, so now we are thinking just stress or irritable bowel of some sort. She is short haired, so unlikely a hair ball of that type.

    ReplyDelete