Sunday, June 21, 2009

Not a total wash

Well, Friday WAS, but Saturday was pretty nice and Sunday was OK. Friday was a deluge and while both dogs managed their jumpers runs during a break in the rain, their standard runs were in about 4" of water and it sucked. In fact, I would say that bummed out Roscoe, mentally, for the remainder of the weekend. He went to that place in his head that speaks to him things I will never know. Maybe it is a different language not even canine? His head voices speak their own words that only Roscoe understands. That's where he went for the weekend, inside his head listening to that language foreign to me, except when we did Rally-O. Thank goodness for Rally-O!!! Roscoe is "normal" when he does Rally-O! No foreign language head voices in Rally-O. Just normal, normal, normal voices and Roscoe and I click and understand each other and look normal. We LOVE Rally-O!!! Colby, however, doesn't get daunted by that stuff and Saturday had a bobble in her standard because of ME. She is so consistent and perfect. She's perfect!! She's normal. She sits alone in my canine pack, high up on her normal stool, looking down in wonder at the two weirdos who listen to voices in their heads. I think Spur hears some voices that Roscoe hears. He certainly goes to that special place in his mind sometimes. But Colby doesn't hear voices. She hears clear, normal, comprehensive English and if I can get it all out to her in time, she runs a prefect course!

Today she double-q'd with a second in standard and a fourth in jumpers. I spoke to her well today. Racked up the MACH points and now has only three more double-q's needed for her MACH. YAHOOOOOOOO!! Although, I really wanted THREE double q's this weekend, darn it. But, the weather was certainly challenging. We did Rally-Obedience on Saturday, but barely making it in time for our routines. I say barely since I had to RUN, dragging the poor Pin Heads to the obedience ring, put them through the routine with no walk through or warm up. Lost my way with Colby, noticing that I went from station 12 to station 14 just in time to go BACK to station 13, for a loss of ten points. Didn't do that with Roscoe, though, and he SMOKED it for a score of 97 - which I don't really understand?? The judge took THREE POINTS OFF??? For WHAT??? He was nearly flawless, but I haven't seen the video. My friend filmed it and I will have to watch it to say what "mistakes" we made. Roscoe LOVES obedience! Oxymoron - Roscoe, obedience dog. LOL!!

Here is Colby's second place standard run today. Rainy, but not down pouring. She was being careful, since this was the ring with 4" of water on Friday. Still, for some reason many dogs NQ'ed on this course, but it seemed pretty simple to us. She is a good little girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment