Friday, June 26, 2009

It will stop, right? The rain!

So, I haven't mentioned my new jogging regime lately. I am up to 1.2 miles and it JUST ABOUT KILLS ME! I think I have been jogging for two months now and I feel like it should be getting easier and easier? I suppose it would if it was called an "easy-out", instead of a "work-out". It IS a work-out and I have to really motivate myself to do it. I do think it has mildly improved my running in agility, but I can not admit that it has made it so much better? I still have to catch my breath after every run, which lasts all of sixty seconds most times. I guess I can say the recovery is much quicker, so that's good. I do think I have improved stamina and when I am using the Jealousy Box with Spur I can manage to run a MinPin, then immediately run again with Spur, so that is good. I just struggle on that 1.2 miles. I keep thinking how does one prepare for a marathon? I would need to start going longer and longer and right now I just can't WAIT to get home and sometimes want to quit before home. OK, maybe I am being more dramatic than necessary, but it isn't easy! I watch The Biggest Loser, I know those grossly obese people push themselves WAY harder than this, so I should be able to do this, dammit!


The weather hasn't helped. The other day I checked my "trusty" radar station on the internet and it looks good. My run is all of 13-14 minutes, so I should be all set. Head out and it starts to drizzle. OK, no problem probably just a passing shower like we have had all day. No, it continues and starts getting harder and harder, until at my half way point I am completely soaked and even my glasses are getting wet, regardless of my hat!!! I am SOAKED!!!


This rain, it will stop, right?????

No comments:

Post a Comment