Friday, May 6, 2011

Sorry about that Spur!

I think I am in such great shape. I am not fat, I walk for miles every day as my JOB. I started running again. My 1.2 miles has been brutal, but I have been doing it regularly. In fact, there was a spell last week I did that run 8 days in a row. It's hard, yeah, still not feeling like I can add more mileage, but damn I have been doing it now for about 3 weeks. It should be getting easier.

Yesterday I did a drop in on a Master's class. This class is to push the handlers on hard courses, setting up scenarios doing it one way, then the other, considering all options and seeing what works best for the dogs. Since my dogs jump the same jump height I offer to just run them back to back. I can do it, it will be easier that way, no changing jumps between runs saving us......a minute maybe. OK, I am fit, right? I can do this.

Run Roscoe, who is ON FIRE!! Muffin Heads, he was SO high and running his heart out for me and we did the course CLEAN first try!!! Some very wide spots, especially exhausting WAY wide out of the first tunnel, but I should have been at the exit to show him the turn. Still, dude ran GREAT!!!

Shove him in his crate with cookies and pull out Spur. One small bobble as he chooses the dogwalk and not the tunnel so we redo that, but he also ran great!!! Fast, fast, some really tight turns. By the end I feel my gas running out...........seriously lagging and barely making it to the end. I KNOW he feels that. It affects him as I gasp at the end trying to get out his good-boy cookies. He barks at me.

Sorry about that Spur, I have this image of myself that is a mirage I guess. Damn it!!!! I am not in as good shape as I thought. I was disappointed.

I ran my 1.2 miles this morning. When I got home Rich asked how my run was. Brutal, it was brutal. Seriously, my legs felt like lead, I couldn't do my last bit sprinting like I like to do. I was DRAGGING.

Sorry about that Spur. I am just not in as good shape as I thought. I remember someone saying it takes six weeks to get into shape and only two weeks to get out of shape. I guess I have some work ahead of me. We have a trial tomorrow and many runs for little Spur. I hope I can hold up. He loves it when I can run. I am trying!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment