Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's a scary time of year to be Jewel

She always seems to have a set back in the spring. And this year is no different. She looks sore. Maybe I let her have too much green grass. Maybe she is just having a flare up of her lyme. I don't really know, but she is now not allowed any lush grass. She has plenty of pasture and short grass to munch but not the thick stuff in this photo.

I have started her on a low dose of doxy again. It obviously doesn't do anything except make her feel better and if it does that, what's wrong with giving it to her???? I am struggling with whether or not to vaccinate. I think not. Last year she had such a bad reaction to the vaccines. I ended up never giving her the West Nile. Have we had any of that around here lately? I haven't heard anything.

It sucks having tons of awesome pasture and a horse that can't be allowed on it for health reasons. I really, REALLY hate that.

I drove my horse trailer around the block and put air in the tires. Damn thing is just rotting, sitting here never used. I think about selling it. If I needed/wanted to go somewhere there are plenty of people I could call to haul for me. But, it's nice having it if ever there was an emergency need or if she starts feeling good enough to make an outing. I don't know, I probably won't use it and should sell it. ACK!!! I never dreamed I would end up with a pasture ornament. Not that it isn't a bad thing, she is a beauty to behold and the sweetest girl in the world and I love her, but it sucks that I can hardly ride. Just plain sucks...............

No comments:

Post a Comment