Monday, May 23, 2011

Mowed, mowed and mowed some more!



The grass is SO thick and green and the bit of sun we got on Saturday has it REACHING for the sky! Rich mowed the agility yard for me, so I moved the dogs walk. Not an easy feat as it is home made and I have to take it apart and move all my stored jumps and stuff from under it. But, I got it done. Then Rich filmed some RDW's. I did a bunch with the tunnel after, good boy 100%. Then I proofed him without the tunnel and tossed the ball in advance. Yikes!!! Leap, leap, leap.

Silvia said that is very hard for him as he wants to go with two strides and his striding isn't such that he can do that and hit it. We got a couple, very high hits, but it was not very successful. So, I wrote her and asked her advice. She said to stay with what works. "Don't fix what isn't broken" and that she doesn't toss the ball to her Bi because her stride is SO long anyway and she doesn't want it longer. She said I should move a jump after it some and try different settings with him, but to stay with what works. That sounds good to me!

What I would really like are two strides up two at the top and three down. Right now his most common is two strides up, three on top and down.

Notice on the first one with the ball tossed he slipped? Yikes, that's all we need a fall off the DW with little Spur!!!! -









No comments:

Post a Comment