Friday, April 1, 2011

Oh, this eye is going to make me crazy!

Yesterday was our one week check of the new drops and how it is handling controlling the pressure. I had a feeling, just by looking at it, that things were not good. It wasn't constricting any more, barely any iris showing. It looked kind of foggy.
And she was squinting some, so I think it was hurting a little.
Yep, pressure was up from 30 to 45/50. :( NOT good!!! In fact, bad enough they said it could be damaging her optic nerve. So, we were to try BOTH drops. I put in the new drop, waited 15 minutes, then put in the old drop. Then waited for three hours and returned for my vet to check the pressure again. YEAH!! It was normal, about 13. Phew!! Because had it not come down they wanted us to head down there so the emergency vet could drain some of the fluid. ICK!!!!


This photo is from about a half hour after both drops this morning. She is getting bored with all these photos, I think......

And this one from an hour later.
Yay, almost looking as good as her "good" eye!!! What a relief! Except, of course, that BOTH meds are extremely expensive!!! Ugh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment