Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You knew there would be pictures!

Poor little girlie was not a happy camper last night and Rich and I had to take turns on the couch. We slept well only the first half of the night, then it was couch time. She had lost her bladder while snoozing away the anesthetic yesterday afternoon on her snuggle bed. I didn't learn that until the middle of the night when I tried to settle her there and she didn't want it. Spur kept sniffing it obsessively and finally I reached down and felt it all wet. So, that had to be laundered. She just couldn't settle. And while that eye may not have had much vision I am sure she could see shadows and movement, so now there is NOTHING she is edgy and jumpy. Even a twig that bumps her on that side causes her to jump away. She'll get used to it, everyone says they do. I feel so bad for her. She just wants me to sit with her, so I have been catching up on my reading this afternoon. Poor little Frankenpuppy.......... So, when a dog who has recently had her eye removed dreams, what do you suppose she dreams of? As we rest on the couch, I read, she naps, I see her dreaming. Those twitching muscles, rotating paws as if in motion, she is dreaming of something. Of yesterday when she saw shadows from that eye? Of chasing moths and grasshoppers with two good eyes? Does she dream of needles and tracheal tubes and shiny surgery tables and scalpel blades? At least, she was dreaming and not lost in limbo, staring into space like she did half the night last night, shivering and weakly moaning. Let's just hope she sleeps soundly tonight. We did manage a short walk out back this afternoon. Her tail was at half mast the whole time, though. I am off to the couch again and my book and her back side. And maybe she will dream again........of big green, juicy July grasshoppers!

No comments:

Post a Comment