Wednesday, March 30, 2011

What do I do after walking all the dogs?

I walk dogs for a living. I start around 10:00 and end around 2:30 these days. No lunch, I work straight through. Eat a big snack at 9:30 to keep me going. Then I come home and take MY dogs out. My dogs always get their morning walk, but their afternoon walk this time of year is extra special depending on the tide. This week it is low tide in the afternoon, which means BEACH WALKS!!!!





Walked OOB for about 1 1/2 hours yesterday with my friend Mary!! It was LOVELY!! Bright blue sky, ocean had turned that lovely green just two days before, it was awesome!!! Spur met a little westie boy to play chase-me with. Wahooooo........Then he chased that westie away........

He looks kind of full of himself.......It was bright. REALLY bright! We walked west first and the sun was in our faces. Mary and I had our sunglasses on. Spur, he was fine with the bright sun.........Poor Colby..........We nearly made it to the Pier, but I think she started to get weary of the bright sun. Her little tail nub went half mast and she started walking directly behind us. It's hard for her, she has to constantly be on the look out for the other dogs barreling into her. She sees them at a distance just OK, but right up close in the bright sun when they get near her she just doesn't see them. I wish she would wear goggles.


We turned around and it was much better for her. It makes me sad that this is happening to her. My awesome athlete is breaking down and she isn't even 12, yet. Sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment