Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Damn!!

Can you tell how tiny this bottle is??? It is 2.5ml. It is TINY! And it cost me.......drum roll please..........$95!!!!!! >:O I wonder how old people on fixed incomes can afford this medicine? It is to treat glaucoma, not an uncommon ailment as we age.


The ophthalmologists says this is a hereditary disease common to MinPins. Huh? I do MinPin rescue and in our organization we have hundreds of dogs, between the ones coming into rescue and our own dogs, and I don't know any others with glaucoma issues. Bad knees are common, but glaucoma? Not that I know of. And nothing about it in any of my MinPin breed books, but I didn't argue with him.


They called yesterday to tell me "REALLY great news!!!". The generic just came out and it should be only $10! Um, OK, except that what I got on Thursday IS the generic. She suggested I call around. I did and Walmart had it cheapest at $69, my pharmacy said "Nope, it's $95. Not about to go down $85 in less than a week". Of course, Canadian pharmacies have it for $30, which is probably how I will go.


I called the girl back and reported my results and she said the pharmacists were "stupid and they don't know" and she would check with the vet and get back to me. I haven't heard anything, yet. It was kind of an unprofessional comment from her. This from the same vet tech who told me she would call in the prescription to the pharmacy so it would be ready when I arrived and she forgot. Hmmmm...........I am not having much confidence her $10/bottle story will pan out. But, at $30/bottle through Canada that is tolerable.


Her eye is still doing so much better, so it was worth it!!!! I bring her to my vet on Thursday to check the pressure after a week on this new med.

No comments:

Post a Comment