Friday, March 11, 2011

What? A tsunami?

Wednesday I walked twelve dogs. My legs felt like lead by the last dog, which thankfully was an old little guy who creeps along at a snail's pace. I then had agility class and pushed my legs even harder. Earlier in the week I was determined to get on the tread mill again. I see all these people out running on the roads, but something about being out on the roads all day, then going BACK out to run doesn't appeal to me. The roads are gross right now. Dirty, gritty and bumpy and I am happy to be done my walks and don't want to head out on them again. So, it's the treadmill or nothing. And my legs are feeling it this week. MUST GET IN BETTER SHAPE!! In case I have to outrun a tsunami.

Wednesday I didn't need the treadmill. My legs were jello just from the day! But, I am TOTALLY thankful I have that much work. It feels good to be busy and successful. My own dogs even had a nice, long farm walk that morning. The snow was firm enough for us all to walk on top of it and it was nice to get them out. Because you never know when we will be swept away by a tsunami.

We are all out of shape. The dogs are slightly plump, which I hate, but it is SO hard getting them out to exercise. This morning they got blueberries, non-fat yogurt and green beans for breakfast.

The landscape changes every day. Today it's grey and the snow is too soft for a farm walk, but after today we may have bare ground!!!! I wish I had time to get to the beach. We don't have much time left to be allowed on the beach!!!! I won't get there today, rain arriving this afternoon in buckets they say. But, hopefully we won't get a tsunami.

I haven't ridden little Jewel in ages. The footing simply sucks. I have read many books. That I love, but I am SO ready for spring to arrive, better footing to appear and all of us to get into better condition. This winter has tested my patience. I tried to embrace it and take all the shoveling as good work/exercise, but my elbow started hurting, my back got sore, it all got weary. Yet, I am thankful we will not be affected by a tsunami.

Now I am busy washing windows again. I hate washing windows, but I REALLY, REALLY love to see out a nice, clean window!! I looked out my windows on Wednesday from the kitchen (that was the last sunny day) and could barely SEE out the window next to the one I had just cleaned. That motivated me to clean two more yesterday!!!! I must at least clean the windows in the kitchen that I look out of every day, all day long. Those MUST be cleaned. Two more left to do.

Yesterday I drove the truck to the wood pile (today I would sink in the mud) and brought in a small load of wood. The next few days are damp and dark, so I will have the woodstove going. I think it's the woodstove soot that sticks to the windows and makes the sponge all black when I am washing them. Ick. But, I love the woodstove heat!!! And the Pin Heads think it is divine!!!! It will be a treadmill day.

And I will be thinking of all the people across the globe worrying about when the tsunami will hit. And all those people in Japan, devastated by the biggest earth quake in 140 years. So must destruction, so much pain and suffering. My thoughts go out to all those affected. Very sad.........very scary.....it makes my own little grey world today seem a little bit brighter. It is a brighter world here than in Japan or where ever anyone is worrying about a tsunami. MY world is quiet and calm. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment