Tuesday, March 8, 2011

So, I decided to write a book

A book about Roscoe. My publisher friend, Cheryl, has been bugging me for a while saying she really would like the book written while he is still alive. She doesn't like reading about dogs and then their death is always the last chapter. So, what the hell, I decided to do it.

I have twenty five pages!! I am actually amazed at how easy it is. The words just flow, my memory of him is strong. I got to the part about his first obedience trial and just writing about it made my heart pound!!!!

It seems interesting to me, but honestly with SO many books about dogs out there right now who is THAT interested in Roscoe? But, what the hell. It's more fun than I thought, so I am charging ahead. Once the weather improves I may lose my momentum, but right now I seem to manage about a page/day or more.


3 comments: