Thursday, March 3, 2011

Colby gave me another scare!

She started squinting that eye. The sclera was red, it looked swollen and definitely not right. Again, they got all freaky on me at the eye doctors and made us rush her down there. Rich took the duty again, good guy! Her pressure was fine, thank goodness, but she definitely had uveitis going on. He thinks we stopped the metacam too early. So, he now wants us to finish the bottle.

She felt crappy all day. She had the runs that seemed to go along with this issue. But, the vet thinks it is OK and the metacam will keep helping. So, we opted to have a nice long beach walk. Sad for her though, because the sun was pretty well right in her face on our way out. The boys had a BALL, but she seemed down and unhappy. Feeling crappy. I carried her some. On the way back she seemed better with the sun behind her.

Poor thing, on the way home she whined. I yelled at her to STOP IT, she does that at times, whines to get home faster which isn't anything I can do. I yelled at her again. Finally, almost home I look at her kind of shaking there next to me and wondered if maybe she had to poop. Poor thing, gets out of the car and has a very runny poo right there in the driveway. She felt crappy. Not the best day for her, but at least she still has the eye. That's my biggest worry. This eye will some day have to come out and her sight is limited already. So, she has the eye and this morning seems to be feeling better.

I apologized for yelling at her, but then told her she has "cried wolf" too many times before, so how was I to know it was real this time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment