Sunday, November 14, 2010

How fast?

Well, safely fast, but watch this young border collie run his dog walk -



Just a whole different league, A?

Little Spur yesterday. 10 attemps to get more speed, with three jumps. -



The fun thing about teaching running contacts is the dogs seem to enjoy it. I think Spur enjoys it! I enjoy it! My legs feel it after a couple sessions. I am doing it now every day the weather permits because soon enough the weather will not permit. Damn! I have a lot to undo after letting him run it and jump so much after he had his melt down with his teeter crash. Also, don't trust hoops! I did, for a while, but he could easily leap through the hoops and miss the contact. And I don't think it taught him much even when he did get the contact. Note to self on that one........don't let crashes make you do things you shouldn't do. LOL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment