Monday, December 2, 2013

Ack, what happened to last week???

Between lots of extra jobs, family staying here, us cooking the 31lb turkey, a dog show, the week got away from me.

We had most of Rich's family here for Thanksgiving. What a busy week. We bought a turkey from our farmer neighbors. Rich asked for 25lbs, it was 31. Nice to have a fresh, not factory farmed turkey. Rich cooked it here and finished it at his brother's. It was yummy. I won't post a picture here. I did that on facebook and should probably delete it. Food usually looks icky in photos and this was no exception. And that is a pet peeve of mine - people who post drinks and photos all the time on facebook. I guess my thought was to help promote our young neighbor farmer and his products? Not sure it was that effective. I ended up with a yucky looking dead turkey on my facebook page. Hmmm..........

I did minimal training this week. Roscoe is STILL sore and crooked, poor guy. He is better, we are weening off the meds, but he is still a bit crooked. I don't want to train him when he isn't feeling great because he puts 110% into his training and could make his neck/shoulder/back sore again. Spur worked a little on the start of his penguin. Walking on his hind legs in sit up position. We first have to work on just sit up. I never trained that. The MinPins without a tail couldn't do that, so I never trained that with them. Spur has always done his karate chop, so he flails his paws and I had to teach him to sit still without flailing those paws. Not easy, he LOVES his karate chop!!! Here is the karate chop...



Here is our start at holding still in sit up......



And just cuz, we did do some RC work with Mr. Jones. Trying to work on getting him deeper and not worrying about turns right now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment