Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cows, spiders, thistle seed, a praying mantis, goldfinches, and a guessing game!

The swallows were swarming this tree and we couldn't figure out why?


 This is Little Nate!!!






 This is Summer. Born the day after the first day of summer.

 This tiny odd fellow arrived on my shade sail one evening.
 Hi there!!! Yeah, he is upside down because.......well, he was upside down!
 And, yes, a contraption I want you to guess what it is. Hint, it is "harvest" time on the farm. Does that clue you?

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures! I don't know what that thing is, but I took a picture of a Roscoe sign and I keep forgetting to 'give' it to you. It's here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/69470201@N04/7959422088/

    Makes me think of you and Spur and Roscoe every time I see it!

    You might not remember me, but I was in one of Silvia's classes with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OF COURSE, I remember you Catalina! With Tibby the oh so pretty Tibetan terrier!!! I'll have to go look at that sign.
    The contraption is a "slaughter cone". Made to help with chicken slaughtering. Ewwwwwwwww...............but that is how it goes on a farm!

    ReplyDelete