Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Yesterday was perfect, except if you are making hay!

It was warm enough for shorts, but cool enough for plenty of outdoor activities. I mowed my yard, I moved agility equipment and weedwacked around stuff, I weedwacked the fence line - until I used up my string! I did some gardening, wondering WHAT to do about the moles??? ACK.

My afternoon walk, however, brought soaking rain! YIKES!! I heard them baling the straw. Didn't think I should check the radar before heading out, but once I got out there the sky darkened and as I was on my way home we all got SOAKED!! Including the freshly baled straw. :(



The recent rains have made everything SO green and our road to the farm is LOVELY!! It is no longer used as a farm road since old lady Gladys died and her nieces sold her land to a land rapist, but we use it, the horses use it and it is LOVELY!!
This is heading out......
We keep it mowed. This is heading back. Our neighbors call it "The Road To Rich's". :P


This is the view as we round the corner into the back pasture. I wondered why the horses didn't want to stay out there yesterday. I guess the mowing machine made them nervous?

Colby was "on the clock" all day yesterday. I would love to say she keeps the moles in check, but nope, that's not so. They are all through my garden and I am bumming out!!!!


I got a better teeter photo with Spur doing his "end behavior". Not sure if the end hits the ground before he leaves, but close enough. What I like about this is he looks confident and happy!! Happy enough, anyway! Tail up, ears forward, MUCH nicer look than his look on the teeter last year. Another feather in my cap! Got The Spur Man over his teeter concerns! YAY!!!! How long did it take? Over a year? Yep, but who cares, look at him now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment