Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend AKC trial report!

Wow, The Spurminator was a ROCK STAR!!!! He got more and more comfortable as the trial went on. We both did. I started to relax and feel like it wasn't such a worry for either of us. He NAILED his contacts, until his last Open standard run where it was down hill and he hit it with his back feet only. Funny, that's the only contact I worried about all the others I simply ran with confidence and he ran all the way down. Good little Monkey Pants!!!!

We set up ring side and he could watch me run Roscoe and Colby and he SCREAMED each time. I think that was good for him......sorry neighbors......he watched it all, all weekend.

Roscoe he was pretty good for outdoors, I have to say. Not great, but pretty good. I took him off only one time for being shut down. The other runs were OK. He actually placed second in two runs, so he wasn't THAT down. Colby had a GREAT time, her first time running since I decided to retire her. The sun was high enough in the sky and the lighting obviously OK for her and she was happy to run. We just did jumpers and she placed second each time.

Spur won every class he qualified in, except for Nov. FAST one day where Mo the freakin' awesome terrier got more points. He NQ'd on one Nov. FAST with the wrong tunnel opening and he NQ'd on his first Open Jumpers run with an off course tunnel. HE didn't know he was wrong on that one and ran like a champ, good little "cutest dog ever!!". The judge LOVED him and commented during his measuring about how cute he is. Then his first run we get to the start line and the she says....."OH, here comes that CUTE dog!!!". Then his last run on Sunday, as we finished she yells out......."If that puppy goes missing, don't look in MY suitcase!!!!" :D I think my heart swelled and was about to burst out of my chest right there!!! What a great feeling, especially since Spur was one of only two mix breed dogs at this AKC trial.

Spur's Novice Standard -


Spur Open Jumpers -


Spur Novice Standard -


Spur Open Standard, back feet only in that contact...yikes! -


Roscoe Excellent Rally routine that we RAN to do and barely made it. They had JUST finished the last Excellent dog and I had to do the course by just reading the map. I couldn't walk it and barely knew where I was going. Roscoe did GREAT!! We got a 96 and the 4 points off were for crocked sits and I think, two double commands? It was our worst performance to date, but I have to give him extra credit. We haven't practiced in...what?...over a month and went in without me walking the course or knowing my way. Good little obedience dog did GREAT, regardless!!! Poor guy he had just run his standard and not very well and I pulled him out of the ring because he was looking down. He simply isn't doing well at outdoor agility trials, but obedience on dirt seems to be his thing!! Go figure? -


Colby's Excellent Jumpers. Second place and one of only 4 dogs in her jump height to run clean. Good little girlie!!! She's so consistent and easy to run. Not at all complicated. -


It was a very fun weekend, really. Roscoe had some pretty good runs, which unfortunately we didn't get filmed. The weather was great, the company was awesome, it ran well for an AKC trial. No dreadful long walk throughs or hold ups like AKC can sometimes have. It was a nice trial. And the Spur Man ROCKED!! I am SO happy with him, he is getting more and more confident!!! YAY!!!! His teeter was awesome. He put his big boy pants on and was a STAR!!! He is always a big hit walking around the grounds, everyone wants to know what kind of dog he is and we get so many comments......"What a CUTE dog". He has a HUGE fan club!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment