Thursday, February 11, 2010

Running contacts? Oi!

OK, so my struggles with Spur's running contacts continues...........it's like a saga........it never ends and starts to get a little boring. But, the weather was SO nice today we bored ourselves to TEARS working on them. Actually, Spur was remarkably happy trying new things. We were, after all, in the safety and comfort of our own yard, and there was cheese involved. I borrowed my friend's Hit-It board again and gave it a try with Spur. He gets it, but the thing is when he is full speed, or even half speed it is really too small a target. I just don't see getting enough rewards in when he is really running. It's only like 1x1 foot. Clear, yes, when he hits it the thing beeps, clearly. Clear as could be. But, I saw him slowing down to make sure he hits it and I sure don't want that. They do make them the length of the contact, but goodness I just don't know if it is worth it?

So, another plan, up in smoke..........poof.............back to simply running it and hoping for muscle memory. Hey, it works with the weaves, so why not the dog walk? I mean, really, I hardly have to ever correct my dogs for weaves, they just do them. It's that simple. No mistakes, they just do them, over and over. I don't know. I wish I could think WHY or HOW I got Roscoe to know so clearly his necessary behavior on the dog walk. He gets it. He just does! He knows when he launches that it isn't good, even though I can not say we clearly trained it? We did do some "hit it" work, like Amanda Shyne does with her dog, but really, I don't know why Roscoe gets it??????

OK, so after working through the fog of what to do with my contacts I decided to take some shots of my fully blooming forced paperwhites!! What a happy thing this time of year! I bought them before Christmas and they got lost in all my gift wrapping. Found them when I went to clean up after the New Year, LOL!! So, they got a late start and are blooming now and are awesome!!!!!


Then I finally got around to bringing my friend's "Water Horse" photograph to the framer's to be artiplaked. Is that a word? I think that's what it's called. Artiplak........they seal it on a particle board and coat it to UV protect it. Plain and simple and my favorite way to "frame" photographs. No matting, no hard frame, just the photo! Plain and simple.

Isn't it cool?????

No comments:

Post a Comment