Monday, February 22, 2010

Rally-O match at It's A Dog's World in York. Poor FREEZING little Roscoe!!

I should have remembered. Last year at the Tibby Chase seminar I had to tell them if they didn't turn the heat up I would have to leave and ask for my money back. No WAY was I staying for a day long seminar with it so cold. They turned the heat up.

Yesterday, I didn't feel like I could be that pushy. Matches aren't very expensive and I wasn't going to be there all day. I let it go. I let my poor tiny, 9lbs MinPin shake and convulse during his downs and stays. He's a good little buggar, but he did require a second command on his moving down. 2 points off, darnit! And his back up three steps, which you can't see that well in the video, were not great. There was a photographer there, RIGHT IN HIS FACE, which is all good stuff for him to have to deal with, but that section was kind of sloppy.

The match showed our weaknesses, so it's all good stuff!! Downs are hard for him on cold surfaces, period. And the three steps back in heel position are hard for him. He is a little bit confused. We just fixed up his backwards weaving around my legs trick and unfortunately I use the same cue words "Get back" for that. I just realised that's what I am using for the three steps back move. Must clean that up and come up with a new cue for that before the trial in March.

Hmmmm, how about I just count....One, two, three? Since I seem to be a little challenged with that. In the video I step back....uh ..........FIVE?.........times??????? DOI!!!

2 comments: