Monday, July 5, 2010

I HATE this weather!

Would I rather it be snowing? Maybe? Would I rather it be 20 degrees? Maybe?

I find my productivity sinks to an all time low in this weather. I feel holed up in my totally closed up house with the shades drawn. Remember, we are passive solar. GREAT when it is 20 degrees, but 90 and humid, not so great. We have the AC going in the office and will probably sleep there tonight.

I am off tomorrow to BARK camp in NH. This may be my LAST camp. For several reasons.......Lo and George talk about moving. And I am SO tired of nasty weather for camp. I just don't remember nice weather for camp. It has either been brutally hot or raining. Neither are good conditions for dog agility. :(

The truck is clean, mostly packed and we are ready, but goodness I can't say I am all that excited and I LOVE BARK camp.

I haven't posted here lately because I essentially invited myself to the morning running contact sessions over the weekend out there. Val Henry was doing a two hour morning session and it was AWESOME. I LOVE her!! She has dogs who are not crazy, mental cases and has had to work on motivation (hellooooooo.....remind you of anyone.........named.......Spur?) and she has an incredible eye. She sees things going on that not many people see, so that was really cool. Spur was invited to be a demo and unfortunately between my "stage fright" and his reaction to it and subsequent melt down he didn't perform all that well. But, telling Val our story and our work and progress she feels I am on the right track and the work I am doing is just fine. That's cool. But, she feels I need to do more seminars, more classes and just conquer my stage fright. Not sure I agree. We end up practicing pokey and worried and not what I want to practice. I have to give it some thought.

So, my plan had been to work Roscoe for camp. It is a Masters/International course group camp and perfect for him, but not so for Spur. But, it is obvious Spur and I need the work? Or is it? I just don't know. I sometimes feel that maybe we should just train at home or in private lessons and practice GOOD work, instead of trying to work through our stage fright issues? I just don't know.........

And I feel like I have somewhat limited time with Roscoe. He is 11 and how many more years does he have? Probably a few, but now is the time to work him hard. He is in great shape and mentally doing pretty well. He has always loved camp.

Anyway, stayed tuned I may report in on Friday, but I won't be posting here until then, at least. This is vacation week for me!! :D YAY!!!! Of course, I would be a LOT happier if it were not 90 and humid and muggy. But, vacation is vacation, right??

1 comment:

  1. Just getting around to blog reading...hope the weather wasnt too miserable for you! I know ALL about stagefright...its the reason I have never played in certain venues...too bad for Liam that I am such a freak. Looking forward to reading about camp!

    ReplyDelete