Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sleeps with dogs


I just bought that sticker to add to my scooter.
I love finding new stickers and that one is so true. I have to find a spot on my scooter for it, which is becoming harder and harder to do.
Actually, with my three right now only one sleeps with us. Colby........sweet, innocent, queen bee, rules the roost, only bitch, must be tucked into her snuggle sack..........Colby. However, in the morning Spur comes up and we play morning bed games. Trouble is Miss Colby Carlson anticipates this morning event, and if I so much as roll over at 5:30 in the morning she is doing an Irish Gig on my head!! Spur quickly joins her. Sometimes I can manage a very slow roll over, where she might lift her head to notice, but goes back to sleep. This morning I wanted to sleep late..........7:00 would have been nice..........I was exhausted from two days of nearly 90 degrees. That's hot for this time of year and our first hot days. I simply melt..........I don't get hot flashes, yet, but I find heat to be intolerable and I melt into a glob of molten jello, barely able to manage simple tasks. We once lived in Roseville CA where everyone said the heat wasn't so bad because it was "dry" heat. Um, 108 is fucking hot no matter how "dry" it is!!! I get used to it as the summer warms up, but those first couple of days just about do me in. I wanted to see 7:00 this morning before leaving the bed!! But, NOOOOOOOOOOOO, the morning bed games had to start at 6:00 and there was simply nothing I could do about it. I made the mistake of a full body roll over and squinted my eye open to see Colby's wet nose about an inch from mine, eyes bright, mouth up turned into a happy dog smile, welcoming the morning. Then Spur manages to launch himself straight from the floor onto my belly!! Pfffttttt!! One more hour was simply too much to ask. The Irish Gig had started and was in full regalia and there was nothing stopping them.
There are good dogs and then there are MY dogs.
However, I realise I am not alone. I stumbled upon this blog today -
http://www.teamsmalldog.com/blog/index.html Teehee!!! There are good dogs, and then there are MY dogs and HER dogs!!! LOL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment