Thursday, May 21, 2009

Agility, agility, agility

My life seems to revolve around that lately! I LOVE this time of year for trialing, it is usually cool enough for the dogs and they love being outdoors. Especially Colby! She runs so much better outside! Spur is coming along, but he still has some major shut-down moments. It's so mental with him, just like Roscoe and I just hope I can get it straightened out at some point. At times he is FANTASTIC and runs like the wind, at other times I feel like I am begging him to do it. Sucks, really. He has so much potential, but it sure is a struggle at times. And I am never sure the right thing to do.

Horse vet was here Tuesday. Did a recheck lyme titer on sweet Jewel. She has been doing great and I have been riding when the weather is good. Might be TOO HOT to ride today!! :O I SO melt in the heat. We will hear the results of the lyme titer in a week or two.

I am really struggling to jog every morning during the week. I seem stuck at .4 miles and have only noticed mild improvement. It is easier to breath, but it sure seems like a struggle to do that short distance. Yesterday I added about .1 miles. I hope it gets better soon. My legs feel it, but not terribly. I was still gasping a fair amount last night during agility class, but I do think it is better.

The asparagus is ripe and we have been picking it every other day. YUM!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried adding some sprints to your workout? I've just gotten back to the gym, in April actually and have found doing sprints has realllly helped my generally pathetic level of fitness in the past couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't an agility run sprinting? I have class twice/week and practice speed circles often at home. I think I get enough sprinting. It's really my lung capacity I feel is poor. However, after two full weeks of even just .4 miles of jogging I THINK I can feel an improvement. I increased to .5 miles two days ago and it does seem to be getting easier. If I stay at .5 miles I think even that will help me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its kind of sprinting...but not really! Its definitely not run-for-your-life, lungs bursting kind.

    When I used to jog with DJ, I'd throw in a couple sprints there too...so sad how much slower regular humans are than dogs.

    One lady we would pass every morning would feel so bad for him, she would say, oh he's trying so hard to keep up with you...only going 2 or 3 miles a day, he could have done it running circles around me!

    Then I got lazy and hence find myself struggling to get back in shape.

    ReplyDelete