Saturday, February 28, 2015

A bit of a bump in the road.

A few weekends ago Spur knocked the triple. It was tunnel to DW to triple straight towards the crowd. He knocked a bar at the next trial. He lost confidence. He started the stutter stepping really bad.

Last weekend.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtfjd865x3M&sns=em

Then the next day so bad I took hm off the course. :( I think as he has gotten faster he isn't jumping as big as he used to. Well, that means a risk of knocking a bar. And a loss of confidence.

So, Indecided he needs to practice running on rubber and decided to rent a place once a week. Our first night I tried his regular height. Pretty bad. Then I dropped the jumps to 10". Improvement. Silvia says start at 8", then got to 10", then go to 12" and see how he does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIcZxaofEI&sns=em


1 comment:

  1. I think you have a really good plan! Especially since he has been such a nice jumper in the past I'm sure you will get it back. Damn sensitive dogs!

    ReplyDelete