Friday, April 24, 2009

Packed up Mr. Jones



We had a visitor this week.

Mr. Jones!!

I don't usually take in dogs because Roscoe is such an asshole to them. But, Jones is Roscoe's first friend. The first dog he ever offered to play with. We see Jones on a regular basis and often share hotel rooms at dog trials with him and Roscoe is always pretty good with him. Jones is VERY dog savvy and doesn't let Roscoe's strange/aggressive antics bother him. Jones is very much a terrier and thinks pretty highly of himself. However, he is also a Mama's boy and has never been away from his Mama. I was surprised at how needy he was and how much he obviously missed his Mama. He followed me everywhere. Waited at the door when ever I went to the barn, acting like I had been gone for days when I returned 10 minutes later. He was a perfect guest, though, and Roscoe was an asshole to him. In Roscoe's house I guess play rules change. Jones took it all in stride and on occasion just spoke his mind. Which meant the two of them stood face to face....BARK, BARK, BARK ........at each other (although I think the words they said were not so nice!!!). Nothing more came of it. Jones just had to share his thoughts once in a while. A dog can only put up with so much! I am always hearing how tough Jones can be. He's such a terrier and can be difficult, at times. Well, there is "difficult" and then there is...... Roscoe!!! The night his Mama called to see how he was doing Rich told her when she returned she would be getting a dog with a penis, but it might not be the same dog! Damn, he is always trying to give away Roscoe!!! Mr. Jones was a welcome visitor and we already miss him! Well, maybe Roscoe doesn't miss him?

2 comments:

  1. Rich is so funny! But excuse me, I think Douce tried to play with Roscoe at Motel 6 in Westford? Unlike Jones, he seems to have given up on playing with Roscoes, although I thought he looked a little jealous when he saw Jones and Roscoe together . . . Love that picture of Jones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I said Jones was Roscoe's FIRST friend. Not only, although he doesn't have many, and I do think he would put Douce in the "friend" catagory! :D

    ReplyDelete