Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Casco Bay Trial this weekend!


Our first Rally-Obedience trial is this weekend in Bath at the Bath Middle School. I entered both MinPins both days. I can't WAIT!! Remember the last trial I had the flu and couldn't go. I feel chipper and fresh, after six weeks finally feeling back to normal. I did a drop-in class on Monday to work on our skills and we have our regular Rally class Thursday. I plan to do a few practice sessions today, but the dogs are pretty ready since they have many years of regular obedience experience. Rally is so fun and I can't wait to see how they do. As always, working in a different environment can be stressful for them/me, but hopefully we will be relaxed and really do well!! I will bring my little video camera and try to find someone to film us.
I told Roscoe this trial he doesn't have to put up with bad breath judges touching him like he did in regular obedience or sitting in a line up like he is a suspect in a mugging or something. He always wanted to do away with all those other dogs, especially the so called obedient goldens. He knew I wouldn't approve, so he sat there keeping his teeth to himself. He hated those stays. Rally doesn't include stand-for-exam by no stinkin' judge, or stays with a group. One reason I think Recalcitrant Roscoe will be happier in Rally.

No comments:

Post a Comment