Saturday, April 11, 2009

1st and 2nd place!!!

Did you expect anything less??

Roscoe got first and Colby got second out of 14 dogs entered. Roscoe got one point off for "tight leash" at the very start of the routine, so out of a possible 100 points, he got a 99. It was a "Halt, then Fast Forward" and something we don't practice much. And as you can see from the video, he really never left my side. I just have the leash really short because he steps so high we often get the leash tangled, so I have to keep it pretty short.

Colby got distracted by some stuff, so she had points off going through the serpentines (orange cones) and a couple other places, but otherwise she did very well. She had a major meltdown at this facility three years ago. I have no idea what got her, but she left the ring during a routine. Something scared her, so I was worried she might remember. She did fine!!!

I can't believe how nervous I was??? I rarely get nervous doing agility. Somehow obedience is way more intimidating? We go again tomorrow!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Amy, I'm so proud of you and Roscoe, you're such a good handler. Smoooth ; ))
    Love,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sherry!! I couldn't have done it without YOU! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! What an awesome video

    ReplyDelete