Thursday, March 12, 2009

Nails today

It's hard for me to believe that Dr. Dodman wanted me to have someone else do Roscoe's nails. What was the point? He is stressed enough by ME doing them. His point was that someone else then has that nasty relationship with him and he and I don't have to do that. Uh, well, my whole point was I wanted to get nails done without so much stress and having a stranger do them would be WAY too much stress. With the help of Xanax we worked it out. He now waits for Colby to get her's done, then jumps up into my lap to get his done. He doesn't like it, but he doesn't lose his bowels (an event that used to happen with nail trims!) and there is very little anxiety. A whimper or two, but that's about it. How did I do it? Xanax, a warmed up soft blankie to wrap him in, lots and lots of yummy treats. Soon enough I didn't need the Xanax or the warmed blankie. He seemed to just settle and let it happen. He LOVES food, so he was always happy to get those special treats.
We are off to the Lo Baker jumping seminar on Sunday so I wanted nice, trim nails. I am a stickler for short nails and good grooming, so all the dogs had nail trims and Spur had his paws neatened up. Spur is so good about it, just lying on the floor letting me scissor the stray hairs. I love his newly trimmed paws, they are SO adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment