Tuesday, May 21, 2013

A little mediocre........

That's kind of how I feel about the weekend trial. We had moments of "brilliance", but most of the time it was just mediocre. Nothing super great, not many Q's. Some stupid mistakes and late cues on my part and Spur kind of worried at times. He has run well here before, so I guess I was expecting a little more, but I should know outdoors is not his favorite. But, the weather could not have been better! Cool and dry and breezy. Perfect. Still, he ran just mediocre.



I don't know what I can do differently to help him. Some things ARE getting better, like his wraps. He sure is feeling pretty comfortable with those now and that's all good. Pushes still bum him out, so we have work to do there, for sure. I guess we just carry on. He is still happy and not totally bummed out about running, so that makes me happy. I just know he has more speed in him and more skills and he sure runs better at home, so I would love to get that same attitude at trials.

Blue birds must have babies now. They are out and about a lot. I haven't heard them, but they are busy coming and going from the house. Only one of our three houses has occupants.
 This poor Mrs. must have bathed in an oil slicked puddle? She was bathing in our bird bath. She can fly, so I think she will be OK, once she cleans herself up some. Hopefully, she can do that.


 The pollywogs are growing legs!!!
 The bobolinks are everywhere, but too far for good photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment