Sunday, February 15, 2009

He makes me proud!!

Roscoe KICKS ASS in obedience!! Tibby Chase LOVED him and complimented our work. It felt really good!! He would do an exercise and she would say....."Just like that everyone!!!" Good little man!!!! He just looks so adorable heeling and doing his routine. And he can go on and on all day without tiring. I did bring Colby and Spur and worked them some, too. My friend Carolyn brought her mini-aussie, who petered out in the afternoon. She is one of the puppymill bust adult dogs that Spur came from and she just gets over-whelmed and shuts down. I offered Roscoe to Carolyn if she wanted to work him later in the day because I was working Colby at that point. She took me up on it and he worked for her like a champ!! Carolyn knows him well and knows not to try to pat him, just put him through the routine and give him treats. He worked SO well for her. Tibby even said........"Oh, you get the good dog!". I almost burst out laughing. "The GOOD dog"???? Roscoe???? But, really he was very good, never snapped at any other dog and there were some BIG dogs there. A huge Newfoundland, two Bernese Mt. Dogs, three goldens, one who was very grumpy and snarly. Roscoe never made a peep, so I don't think anyone knew he was aggressive.

My only cripe was one lady and her Bernese Mt. Dog came up near us. She wasn't paying attention and her dog shove it's nose in Roscoe's butt!! WHAT????? Luckily, I had Roscoe in my lap facing the other direction, keeping him occupied since it was close quarters and I immediately gave him a bunch of cookies. I tried not to snap at the lady, but I did blurt out......."He's NOT friendly!!"....... and I know I had a scowl on my face. I can't help it!!! Keep your snotty nosed big goofy dog out of my dog's space!! Roscoe doesn't need an anema from any dog, let alone a big, goofy, hairy one! He was a good boy and forgot about his Bernese colonoscopy and munched on his treats. He actually might not mind such an exam if it means endless cookies!?

2 comments:

  1. Oh he WAS a good dog. You told him he had to impress Tibby and HE DID!! Aren't you going to share any of his bad dog moments so everyone knows what you mean when you say he is the most difficult dog you have had? Because I adore Roscoe, but he is seriously difficult.

    My favorite thing to do with Roscoe is hold him on my lap, which mostly happens when he jumps up there to check out if there is any food on the counter he can reach. When he is occupied, I sneak kiss his ears, and he always growls at me. He hates to be touched, and holding him is kind of like handling a rattle snake. But there's just something irresistible about him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wasn't bad. Not that day. The golden was worse than he was! :D

    ReplyDelete