Sunday, January 25, 2009

Roscoe's booties


In my desperate attempt to keep the MinPins in good condition in the winter I end up having to attire poor Roscoe in booties! His tiny paws simply freeze and this has been a COLD winter, so far, so we are doing the best we can. If time permits we head to the beach, where on the sand he manages. I do have snowmobile trails we can walk on, but if the temperature is below about 20 he simply can't do it. I feel so bad for him, but he LOVES his walks, so I dress him up and out we go. Trouble is sometimes he wanders off the path and snow builds up in the cuffs of the boots. I stopped that the other day by wrapping the cuffs with vet wrap! Poor little buggar probably felt so confined, but he managed. The sad thing for poor Roscoe is one of his issue and cause of aggression is he hates to be touched. He hates his clothing, hates his booties, but he does LOVE his walks, so he puts up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment